Plants vs Zombies Comics | Frequently Asked Questions
Plants vs Zombies Comics 1.0.5. Release Notes
- Updated for iOS 11!
Plants vs Zombies Comics 1.0.3. Release Notes
- Squashed a diabolical bug that was messing with the push notifications. Now get updated as soon as new comics come out!
Plants vs Zombies Comics 1.0.2 Release Notes
- Bug fixes.
- This will be the final iOS 5 compatible release.
Plants vs Zombies Comics 1.0.1 Release Notes (25 Jul 2013)
- Fix push notifications certificate. We can now send push notifications to users interested in learning about the latest PvZ comics releases.
Plants vs Zombies Comics 1.0.0 Release Notes
- Initial release!
Plants vs. Zombies™, the hit video game, comes to comics! Young adventurers Patrice Blazing and Nate Timely fend off a “fun-dead” neighborhood invasion in Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon!
PopCap’s immensely popular Plants vs. Zombies video game finally gets the plant-filled, zombie-zapping comics treatment it deserves! Winner of over 30 Game of the Year awards, Plants vs. Zombies is now determined to shuffle into the realm of comics to tickle funny bones and thrill . . . brains.Paul Tobin (Marvel Adventures, Falling Skies) and Ron Chan (The Guild, Husbands) join forces to deliver a hilarious, all-ages, action-packed zombie romp to your neighborhood!
This app contains the first issue and allows users to download future issues as they become available. Users can also create or sign in with their Dark Horse Digital account info to add Plants vs. Zombies comics to their collections within the Dark Horse Comics iOS App.
Plants vs. Zombies ©2013 Electronic Arts Inc. Plants vs. Zombies and PopCap are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved. Dark Horse Comics® and the Dark Horse logo are trademarks of Dark Horse Comics, Inc., registered in various categories and countries.
How to get the update
- Go to the App Store application and select the Updates icon then tap "Update All", or
- On your computer's iTunes application, go to Apps, click the "XX Updates Available" link, click "Download all Free Updates" , then plug in and sync your device
Why do I need a Dark Horse Digital account?
To synchronize your collection between multiple mobile devices and the website, you WILL need a Dark Horse Digital user account.
If you don't already have one, please create an account now.
HOW TO USE THE APP
Welcome to the Plants vs Zombies Comics Digital Reader. Here’s a quick primer on how to use and navigate through the app.
READER: To navigate in the reader, swipe left to move forward, swipe right to move backward. You can also tap the edge of the screen instead of swiping (tap right side to move forward, left side to move backward).
Tap the center of the screen in the reader to bring up the controls. The Back button returns you to the last place you were in the app prior to launching the reader. The Twitter (and Facebook) buttons provide a quick way to share your current read on your social media accounts. The Settings button opens the Settings panel menu where you can control page transitions and screen brightness. You can also toggle Panel Zoom on and off. The Pagination Slider at the bottom of the screen allows you to scroll quickly through the book. Tap the center of the screen again to hide the controls.
In addition to controlling panel zoom via the settings menu, you can also double tap the screen to turn panel zoom on and off. You can use the pinch to zoom gesture to zoom in while in full-page mode. Pagination is disabled when in pinch zoom.
The contact us button pulls up our support contact page. The write a review button allows you to review our app on iTunes. Please consider contacting us before writing a negative review. Chances are, we can resolve any issue you encounter quickly and efficiently.
The Clear Cache button will expire cached information in the app and force the Store and Collection pages to be refreshed. The Reset Data button purges the local database and reloads it from the server. For more information on the use of these buttons and related troubleshooting issues, please see the Troubleshooting section of this FAQ.
If you tap a cover, it will enlarge and bring up a window with details regarding that issue.
To launch an issue in the reader, simply tap on Read Now. If you’ve started the book previously, it will open to the page you left off on. To archive books back to your Collection you can tap the Archive button on the books product profile. The issue will move back to your Collection, thus freeing up space on your device. Note that you can't archive the bundled first issue that comes with the app.
There is also a drop down menu in the upper right corner. Tap the icon to access the menu. Here you can log in to the app, access settings and help, and restore comic purchases from previous installations of the app.
For more information as well as troubleshooting tips, please see the Troubleshooting section of this FAQ.
TROUBLESHOOTING THE APP
When you sign in to your account or visit the store on your device, please allow one to three minutes for the catalog to download. You will see a spinning cursor in the bottom right corner of the screen. While this is happening, please wait for it to complete. The initial loading process is intensive and can take a while to completely load, depending on your connection and hardware speed.
If you are encountering persistent crashes, please follow these troubleshooting steps or contact us for assistance.
1. MAKE SURE YOU'RE RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION OF THE APP
We have made significant improvements in performance and stability.
- Visit the App Store and check for updates to the Plants vs Zombies Comics app.
- If an update is available, please download and/or sync it to your device.
- Relaunch the app.
If you're already running the latest version of the app, please try each of these steps and then attempt to use the app.
2. FORCE QUIT THE APP
- Exit to the home screen by hitting the home button.
- Double tap the home button to bring up the active app dock. Find the Plants vs Zombies Comics app within the dock and swipe up to force close
- Press the home button again to exit from the process list.
- Relaunch the app.
3. CLEAR CACHES AND/OR RESET DATA
If you don't see the expected books in your Collection or Store tabs, you can use these two new buttons in the Settings to troubleshoot the problem. Please make sure you have a strong Wifi network connection before performing these steps.
- CLEAR CACHES: This will force your Collection and Store tabs to retrieve new data from our server (if a network connection is available).
- RESET DATA: Rebuilds your local database, preserving your already-downloaded books if desired.
4. RESTART YOUR DEVICE
- Hold down the power button (on the top edge of the device) for five seconds.
- A red arrow should appear with the message "slide to power off." Slide this to power off your device.
- Wait several seconds for your device to power off.
- Press the power button to turn the device on.
- Relaunch the Plants vs Zombies Comics app.
5. DELETE AND REINSTALL THE APP
Note: You will not lose your book purchases, but you will need to re-download them from the cloud.
- Exit to the home screen by hitting the home button.
- Hold down on the Plants vs Zombies comics icon until it jiggles and press the "X" to delete the app.
- Navigate to the App Store, go to the Purchases tab, and re-download the Plants vs Zombies comics app. Alternatively, if you synchronize your device from the iTunes desktop application, please ensure that you have first downloaded the most recent Plants vs Zombies Comics app update.
- Relaunch the app and sign in to your account.
- Open the collection page and wait for the catalog to synchronize. You may need to pull down on the page to refresh and start the sync process.
- Re-download desired books to your device.
6. RESTORE PURCHASES
- Use this when a purchased comic fails to appear in the Collection, and refreshing/logging in has failed to correct the problem.
- Navigate to MENU, choose RESTORE PURCHASES.
- This function associates purchases made while not logged in to an account with the user's Dark Digital account.
Customer Service is also available to help you via our contact form. A human will respond, we promise!
I have purchased comics, but I don't see them in my collection?
To sync your purchases in the app, navigate to the menu located on the upper right hand corner. Then tap on Refresh.
If you encounter other purchasing errors, please contact customer service.
I downloaded a comic but I can't read it.
Occasionally, a network interruption or other reason may cause a book to be unreadable. It might appear blank or not open when tapped. Here's what to do in such a scenario:
- Archive and re-download. Tap on the cover to bring up the comic book details window. Tap on Archive, then download the book again.
- If that doesn't work, resetting the app's data should fix it. Go to menu-->settings-->reset data. If you were unable to archive the book, choose "Delete Books," when prompted. You'll only be deleting it from the device, not your collection.
- If the above steps don't resolve it, a delete and fresh install of the app is recommended. If you do a delete/install, note that you'll need to sign into the app to have your collection appear.
Where do I get the latest DH Digital news?
The Dark Horse Digital newsletter will keep you in the know about new releases, as well as special promotions and contests, plus give you access to insider info and a whole lot more! Just click here to subscribe or manage your existing subscription.
I don't have an iPad/iPhone/iPod. Can I still use your service?
You can read comics right from the Digital Store with your desktop computer, laptop, or smart-phone mobile browser. We also have an Android app available in the Google Play store. We also offer our graphic novels on Nook Color and Kobo eReader devices. If you don't yet have an account, please create an account to start reading digital comics now.
Are Dark Horse digital comics available on any other platforms?
Yes! Dark Horse Comics can now be purchased and read on Amazon Kindle Fire, the Kobo Vox, the Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet, Nook Color, and Nook app for Android.
Do I own the digital comic I purchased?
You do not. As with Amazon, Nook, and other e-book companies, you don't own the book. You are purchasing a limited license to download and read the book on supported, authorized devices.
How do I redeem store credit?
At this time, you may only redeem store credit on the Dark Horse Digital site. If you have a code for a free comic or an exclusive item, click here to go to the code redemption code page, where you can plug in your code and apply it your account directly. To redeem store credit, simply add one or more items to your shopping cart in the webstore. When you get to the first step of the Checkout process, you will be prompted to apply any store credit that exists in your account.
If your store credit is at least as large as your shopping cart, no credit card is required.
If your store credit is insufficient to cover the total cost, you will be prompted to use or enter a credit card on the next step of Checkout to cover the balance.
Purchase your comic there with your store credit and refresh your iOS Collection to see it on your device.